Sunday, January 10, 2010

MARIAH CAREY EXPLAINS HER SPEECH

Mariah Carey would like the world to know she was just having a little fun.

Backstage Wednesday night at the People's Choice Awards, the singer addressed all the hoopla over her rambling acceptance speech at the Palm Springs International Film Festival Tuesday night.

Carey said she and "Precious" director/producer Lee Daniels were enjoying the evening's festivities and all they had to offer.

"The thing is me and Lee hadn't seen each other in a long time," she said. "We were really celebrating for the movie ... and there's so much exciting stuff going on with Precious. "

"There's a time for celebration, and a time for not. It's kind of like a party atmosphere, but they trick you!"

Carey continued, "If people don't understand me and they just think I'm this girl that stands by a microphone and sings Hero then they're definitely not gonna get me. But if people knew me they'd understand and have a sense of humor. And basically that's what gets me through life."

So should we blame it on the alcohol?

"We had splashes of Champagne, and I love Lee, but he's a bad influence," Carey said before she quoted a rap song by J-Kwon: "Everybody in the club getting tipsy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment